Nutrano Produce Group is one of Australia’s premium grower, packer and distributor of citrus and blueberries. It is one of the most exciting horticulture businesses in the country with a significant and growing share of the produce market, Australia wide.
This position would ideally suit a recently graduated individual who has some experience with a passion for horticulture. Based at our Abbotsleigh farm near Gin Gin and close to the QLD coastal town of Bundaberg, you will take a leading role in the day to day operational management of citrus and blueberry horticultural growing systems with a focus on maintaining plant health and function. This varied and interesting role will suit someone who has an eye for detail, a strong sense of where their crop is at, and the ability to direct others to make sure little problems are addressed before they become major issues. You will enjoy being out in the field, combining your training and experience to ensure a healthy, well tended crop.
Major Accountabilities include:
- Monitor and develop IPM and nutrition programs for both citrus and substrate blueberries
- Manage data analysis - collect samples and conduct tests
- Undertake research and development projects to improve farming systems and plant health
- General involvement in all farm operations (nutrition, crop protective practices and crop manipulation)
To be successful:
- Bachelors degree in horticulture/ agriculture or equivalent
- Practical experience in a horticultural role
- Strong grasp of intensive horticulture
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to take responsibility and make things happen
- Strategic thinker/Ability to foresee upcoming issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to get out into the field and get hands dirty
Some travel to the other farms will be expected. Hours will need to be flexible in line with season, crop and production system requirements.
If you can meet the above requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org