Respecting your Privacy and the Law
The privacy of your personal information is important to us at the Nutrano Produce Group Pty Ltd ACN 609 478 597 (“Nutrano”). We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and to protecting your personal information. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and any relevant Health Privacy Principles under State legislation, as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information.
Nutrano is Nutrano Produce Group Pty Ltd ACN 609 478 597 and its subsidiaries and related parties.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are acquiring or have acquired a product or service from an Nutrano organisation, it will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with the relevant product or service (including assessing your application and identifying you)
- managing and administering the product or service
- protecting against fraud.
Nutrano organisations may also collect your personal information for the purpose of informing you of Nutrano products and services that may better serve your financial, business and lifestyle needs, or to notify you of promotions or other opportunities in which you may be interested.
The information collected may include your name, postal or email address, date of birth, financial details, tax file number, health information or other information the organisation considers necessary.
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information from you. This may happen when you fill out a product or service application or an administrative form (eg a change of address form), or when you give us personal information over the telephone or counter, or through an Nutrano organisation’s website.
In certain cases we may collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from a credit reporting agency, your representative (such as a legal adviser), your financial adviser, any publicly available sources of information, or from any of the other organisations identified below under “Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information”.
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In line with modern business practices common to many financial institutions, and pursuant to your specific needs (such as where you have a financial adviser) we may disclose your personal information to the organisations described below. Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles, any relevant Health Privacy Principles under State legislation and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
THE RELEVANT ORGANISATIONS ARE THOSE
- involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service such as third party suppliers, other Nutrano organisations, loyalty and reward program partners, printers, posting services, call centres, and our franchisees
- Nutrano organisations that wish to inform you of their products or services that might better serve your financial, business and lifestyle needs, or to notify you of promotions or other opportunities in which you may be interested, except where you tell us not to
- who are your franchisees and their service providers
- involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems
- involved in a corporate re-organisation
- involved in a transfer of all or part of the assets or business of an Nutrano organisation
- involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations involved in product planning and development
- which are your representatives including your legal advisers
- as required or authorised by law, for example, government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue
- where you have given your consent.
MARKETING OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We may use or disclose your personal information to let you know about, and develop, products and services from across the Nutrano that may better serve your financial, business and lifestyle needs, or to notify you of promotions or other opportunities in which you may be interested.
For example, we may do this after an initial marketing contact. You can contact us at any time if you no longer wish us to do so (see Contacting Us below).
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date and take reasonable steps to make sure this is the case. In this way we can ensure that we provide you with a better service.
If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us (see Contacting Us below).
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Records of your personal information are kept in several forms including both paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and from loss or misuse.
These precautions include:
- confidentiality requirements for our employees
- document storage security policies
- security measures for systems access
- providing a discreet environment for confidential discussions
- only allowing access to personal information where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements
- access control for our buildings
- the security measures described below under Our Websites.
YOUR PRIVACY ON THE INTERNET
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give us on our websites is protected, with electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and data encryption. Depending on the Nutrano organisation with which you deal, user identifiers, passwords or other access codes may also be used to control access to your personal information. Please refer to the website of those Nutrano organisations with which you transact electronically for more information on our website specific privacy and security procedures.
Links to Other Sites
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we have provided. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.
GAINING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can gain access to your personal information subject to some exceptions allowed by law.
Factors affecting a right to access include:
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- a frivolous or vexatious request
- the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process
- access would be unlawful
- access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function or negotiations with you
- legal dispute resolution proceedings
- where a third party has given us health information about you in confidence
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law We will give you reasons if we deny access. Contact us to get a form requesting access (see Contacting Us below).
In some cases we may be able to deal with your request over the telephone or in person.
Using Government Identifiers
Although in certain circumstances we are required to collect government identifiers such as your tax file number, Medicare number or pension card number, we do not use or disclose this information other than when required or authorised by law, or unless you have voluntarily consented to disclose this information to any third party.
YOUR SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Without your consent we will not collect information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record.
This is subject to some exceptions including when:
- the collection is required by law
- the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
RESOLVING YOUR PRIVACY ISSUES
At Nutrano Produce Group Pty Ltd we care about your privacy and your trust is important to us.
Should you have any queries or concerns about your privacy please contact the Nutrano Produce Group Pty Ltd Privacy Officer, care of any of the following details:
Post: Privacy Officer, 250-318 Parramatta Road, Homebush West Building E, stands 7-8, 11-16 and 23-28.