lady jane mango recipe
Crunchy Asian-Style Wombok and Lady Jane Mango Salad
- 1 medium wombok, cut in half then each half sliced finely
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions, sliced finely on the diagonal
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced finely
- 2 firm Lady Jane mangoes, peeled, seed removed and sliced finely into long strips
- 2 Granny Smith apples, skin on, sliced into thin pieces
- 3 long red chillies, de-seeded and sliced into long fine strips
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked off and stems sliced very finely
- 3/4 cup almond slivers, toasted
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted to scatter over (optional).
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce with a little brown sugar added
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- a little salt
- Combine all salad ingredients except the nuts and seeds.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients to combine.
- Pour dressing over the salad at the last minute, toss and scatter with the nuts and seeds before serving (so that the wombok and nuts stay crunchy). Best eaten straight away.
- Makes one large bowl of salad, serves 4-6 as a side.